Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pushed for time?

We all get pushed for time some days. It's easy to put off the things that are crucial to your success though. Have you ever put off school, training classes, or even workouts because you were just 'too busy'? I have. But once I stopped making excuses and started finding solutions to the time crunch, my life was 100 times better.

Now I've got my priorities straight. Family, Health & Fitness, Financial Security and Helping Others. Period. If I'm wondering if I have 'time' for something...I run it through my 'priorities filter'. If it doesn't fit with one of my listed priorities, then the answer is possibly no. Unless I just randomly have time for it. Otherwise, my time goes strictly to those priorities. Setting it in your mind like that makes these things non-negotiable. So if a neighbor wants to go grab a drink, but I only have an hour of time, I would much rather get my workout in than go and get a drink. Making friends with neighbors isn't a priority for me, but health and fitness is. Would it be fun to go have a drink? Maybe. Maybe not. If I had a ton of extra time that day, I'd probably go for it. But since I was crunched for time, I chose something that would help me meet my goals and make me happy.

So my lesson today is to figure out your priorities. List them on a sheet of paper. You may only have 1. You may have 3 or 4 like me. Now think on what tasks or events will help you achieve any goals related to those priorities. Keep these in mind when things come up. Schedule your time in advance - related strictly to your priorities. If you do this, you'll be happier and you'll feel more accomplished.

And on that note... speaking of working out - if you're short on time, but want to KILL a good workout, make sure you're trying some HIITs....second to none with it comes to effectiveness in a short period of time!

I'm happy to help with workout plans, diet planning, whatever you need...sign up for free to have me as your coach. Go to www.turboromero.com and click on 'join'. Select the free option, and *poof* you have a new health and fitness coach! :)

~To Your Health~

No comments:

Post a Comment