Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekly Challenge #2

I hope everyone joined me in the first weekly challenge - DECLUTTER. My husband and I almost completely decluttered the kitchen. We had 2 bags of garbage and one bag of things for donating. There's still a couple of drawers we haven't gotten to yet, but overall, it looks fabulous and I'm feeling good about continuing the momentum through the rest of the house.

So it's time for Weekly Challenge #2 then, isn't it?

For this whole next week, your challenge is to write everything down that you eat. Regardless if you're trying to lose any weight or not. Just write it all down in one little notebook or log it in a word document, or you can even use a website such as www.fatsecret.com to log it easily.

For everything you eat, write down the calories and the carbs listed for the serving size you ate. If you ate something from a package, this will be easy. Pay attention to the serving size though! If you eat something that wasn't packaged such as fruits and vegetables, you can find the nutrition information from a website like www.fatsecret.com  or  http://caloriecount.about.com/ and log it that way.

The point here is to be more mindful of what you're eating. I'd be willing to bet that even if you think you eat healthy foods, you may be surprised to see it all laid out on paper. I know every time I do this exercise, I discover there's areas I would like to improve on. So, I look forward to seeing what I'm REALLY eating this week. Some questions you'll get answered....how many fruits and veggies are you really eating every day? Do you have dessert more often than you realized? Are your serving sizes bigger than you realized? Do you eat more packaged foods than you wanted to?

Okay, good luck all! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Have you ever logged your food before? What did you discover?

No comments:

Post a Comment